Schmidt's Naturals

Founder Jamie Schmidt.
The Product


"Schmidt's Naturals is driven by a vision of quality, functionality, and accessibility. We believe everyone deserves access to healthy and effective products, no matter who you are or where you live. And we select only high-performing ingredients that contribute to product effectiveness, leaving out the unnecessary stuff.”
-Schmidt's Naturals Founder Jaime Schmidt

I've as you can see inserted a picture of the Schmidt's Naturals founder here on the left. I'm going to be pulling a few pictures and links directly from their website as well as listing links for all of them here in this blog. Then I'll give you my review on the product! *spoiler alert- I'm obsessed*

Schmidt's Logo.
 Schmidt's Naturals Website

Our "NEVER" list.
Schmidt's Naturals products are free of aluminum, propylene glycol, SLS, parabens, phthalates, artificial fragrance, artificial flavor, artificial colorants, and artificial sweeteners.


Sustainable Glass Jars.
Recycle 5, Get 1 Free. It's that easy. Empty out five of our sustainable glass jars, and we'll set you up with a freebie.
 As long as you can send and receive shipments from an address within the USA, you're eligible. Start saving your empty glass jars, and fill out the form below when you're ready to redeem your reward.
 What about recycling sticks?
Schmidt's is proud to say that our BPA-free stick applicators are 100% recyclable. Unfortunately, due to the constraints of proper sanitation processes, we're not able to include them in our recycling program at this time. Be sure to recycle these according to your local recycling program's guidelines. Recycling Club Link


The Main Scents.

This company has over 10,000 5 star reviews. They also have been featured in Cosmopolitan, Allure, The Today Show, and in many other places. They feature stick applicators and sustainable glass jars.

The Review 

Since I was 16 I have had to keep minimum of 3 deodorants on hand. Don't ask me why but my body gets used to one type and then it stops working. So I would keep a bunch on hand so that once I realized one wasn't working anymore I'd switch it. I did this for years before I finally decided that I didn't want to have to switch deodorant every month. I actually tried Tom's of Maine, Nature Love, and Kiss My Face before trying Schmidt's Naturals. While the other ones smelled nice and would work for a few days, they ultimately left me stinky, sweaty, and uncomfortable. 

I found this deodorant while I was shopping in TJ Maxx. The sticker price was $3.99. It wasn't that much more than the kind I was already buying and after reading the list of products I figured why not? My go to list for buying deodorant is no aluminum, no artificial fragrance, or parabens.
This made the cut for my list and so I grabbed it. I love most of the fragrances but the Bergamot  & Lime one is my favorite. I have heard of people getting rashes in their armpits not bad ones but some slight redness and itching. I actually had this happen about a month into my using it. They also make a fragrance free scent. I grabbed one of those and used it until my body adjusted to the lack of crap chemicals. After the light rash cleared up I could go back to using the scented ones. This will obviously depend on your body but I recommend getting the fragrance free one first until your body adjusts.
Someone asked me why aluminum was bad to have in deodorant. Aluminum deposits are one of the only things that Alzheimer's Disease patients have in common. "There is growing evidence for a link between Al and AD, and between other metals and AD. Nevertheless, because the precise mechanism of AD pathogenesis remains unknown, this issue is controversial. However, it is widely accepted that Al is a recognized neurotoxin, and that it could cause cognitive deficiency and dementia when it enters the brain and may have various adverse effects on CNS." This is the link for the quote I added in here and it further explains their study and findings. Alzheimer's & Aluminum . The Alzheimer's News Today website also has an article called Extremely High Aluminum Levels Found in Brains of Familial Alzheimer’s Patients. Alzheimer's News Today . However, you have to pay for a subscription to see the full article. I personally want the least amount of chemicals going into and on my body as possible. So while it may remain controversial I'm not risking it.

Where to buy

The cheapest place I have found to to buy this is TJ Maxx $3.99.
Schmidt's website prices range from $8.99-10.99. They also have bundle packages. Shop Schmidt's
Target $4.99 Shop Target
Amazon prices range from $7.79-15.99. Depending on if you buy from independent sellers or Amazon directly. Shop Amazon



Thanks for reading! Be sure to leave comments & suggestions!

-Mads



Comments

Popularity Contest