Earth Grown "Burger" Review












So call me crazy but Mat and I decided to try and cut out all refined sugar. I'll be honest we do have a cheat day just so we don't totally go crazy. But more about that later. Here are the "burgers" we tried.



1. Kale Veggie Burger.

The Ingredients:

Kale, cooked quinoa (quinoa, water), cooked brown rice (brown rice, water), expeller-pressed canola oil, cooked millet (millet, water), onions, carrots, spinach, sweet potatoes, potato flakes, corn, red peppers, water chestnuts, zucchini, broccoli, rice starch, roasted garlic, parsley, salt, black pepper. 

Nutrition Info: 

As you can see on this picture right here. 
















2. Veggie Burger


The Earth Grown Vegan Veggie Burger is advertised as a vegan vegetable burger made with 11 vegetables. It’s got 90 calories, 0 grams saturated fat, 290 mg sodium, and 3 grams sugar per serving. It’s a good source of fiber and protein, cholesterol free, and certified vegan by the American Vegetarian Association.

The Ingredients: 

Carrots, peas, whole oats, zucchini, edamame, corn, string beans, spinach, corn meal, onions, potato starch, soy protein flour, organic wheat-free tamari (water, organic soybeans, salt), chickpeas, dried onion, salt, canola oil, red peppers, broccoli, granulated garlic, and parsley.



Nutritional Information:

As listed on this little picture here. 














The Review

I may not have mentioned this at the top but here are a few other tidbits about these products, they are non gmo project verified (yay) and they come 4 to a box. They are all individually wrapped. Prices probably differ by area but where I'm at they are $3.89 each. Still not too bad considering getting a hamburger at a fast food restaurant is at least a dollar. The taste, well they don't taste exactly like burgers but they are still really good. I didn't know if I would like them but I really enjoyed them. We have since purchased more. These are found at Aldi. I tried the kale burger first, it's got more of a "spicy" flavor to it. The veggie burgers are delicious but less "spicy". I like both of them a lot but the kale is my favorite. I also don't particularly like mine with cheese either. I made one with cheese, lettuce, and mayo. One with sriracha and lettuce. (the sriracha was an excellent idea). I would recommend these to anyone. Especially if you like burgers but want a healthier option. Plus they fill that "burger" craving. :)


As always let me know in the comments or on Facebook what you think! Or if you have tried these! 





Comments

Popularity Contest